Friday, May 29, 2009

The traveling circus

Carter has always marched to the beat of his own drum, even when he was in the NICU, he had his own way of doing things. He pulled out tubes when he wanted to, gained weight when HE wanted to...you name it. We're talking about a kid who eats breakfast with his feet on the tray of his highchair, a kid that KNOWS how to crawl but would rather slide around on his belly, a kid that, when he was only a couple months old, figured out how to roll over when the doctor's said it was "impossible"...I could go on and on. This is why I was not surprised when he wanted to ride around in his stroller hanging off the side...upside down. We were quite the sight to see, walking through the mall with Carter, hanging upside down out of the stroller...chewing on a Tylenol bottle. I know what you're thinking, I must be crazy to give him a bottle of Tylenol, but desperate times call for desperate measures and we had been out shopping all day and he had had enough. Alright, alright, to ease your mind...the tylenol bottle was filled with rice, so that when he shook it, it made noise...and so if he got it open, he didn't eat a whole bottle of pain killers. I'm not THAT bad of a mom :)

Today, though, he DID surprise me, which is hard when you're dealing with a monster baby. Carter applied the same stroller technique, to his swing! I came into the living room to find my, once napping, baby leaning forward, then hanging off the side of the swing! At first I thought he had tried to roll over and got stuck, but he was just hanging there happy as can be. This will be quite the experience watching him grow up.







1 comment:

  1. I think you might have a monkey on your hands...not a monster! How cute!

    ReplyDelete